Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas programs





























Last week Brannon and Taylor had their Christmas programs at daycare. MeMe was in town for a couple of days so she got to go with us. I made a video of the whole thing but it is much too long to post here. Taylor's program was "Our Little Christmas Angels". That pretty much means they dressed in all white (try finding white pants for little boys in December) with angel wings, the teacher read a Christmas poem, and we all sang songs. Obviously there we no big speaking roles this year. This was Brannon's third year to have a Christmas program so it was fun to see how much they have grown up this year. Most of the kids are the same that he has been with throughout so they are all really good friends. Brannon's program was "The True Meaning of Christmas". They sang the song they sing every morning "We're So Happy You're Here Today", said The Lord's Prayer, had the program, and then ended with some songs. Much longer than any program so far. For the program, each kid walked up to the microphone holding a Christmas symbol, told the audience what their symbol was, and then placed it on the Christmas tree. Wreath, tree, candle, Jesus, holly, ornament, Mary and Joseph, star, angel, present, candy cane, present... (yes that was Brannon repeating "present" just to make sure no one missed the "true meaning of Christmas"). His real symbol was bell just in case anyone was curious. Oh well, maybe next time we'll work on his lines. Regardless of this I still thought both of my boys were so cute and I loved being able to be there to witness another special moment in their lives. I am so grateful that I'm able to spend this time with them! Good memories!

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful boys! I bet mom was really happy being there for the Christmas program. Bring the video with you at Christmas! I want to watch it!

    ReplyDelete